Happy Saturday, Love Scent fans! We hope you’re doing well.
There’s a lot to celebrate in March. It’s Women’s History Month the whole month long in the USA, we celebrate St. Patrick’s Day on the 17th, the first day of spring is on the 20th (we hope it will feel like it!)…there’s plenty to look forward to and plenty to appreciate.
Did you know that March is also National Craft Month in the USA? The Craft & Hobby Association set aside March as the month to celebrate the hands-on DIY spirit and its creations. As you probably know, Love Scent very much appreciates the creativity of DIY-ers, and we have plenty of advice for at-home pheromone mixers who like to take a proactive approach to their pheromone colognes and perfumes.
There are a lot of reasons crafters and DIY-ers enjoy making their own things. Maybe they value self-sufficiency, maybe they like to know exactly what’s in their daily essentials, and maybe they just have a creative drive that needs to be satisfied. Whatever your reasons for enjoying crafting and hands-on projects, we appreciate your creativity.
If you’re in the mood to make something useful with your own hands, we have some great places to start.
Essential oils are natural, versatile, and readily available from Love Scent. They’re valued by aromatherapists, beauty product makers, pheromone users, DIY crafters…the list goes on. Each scent of oil comes with its own unique benefits (Aromaweb has a good collection of essential oil profiles for those curious about said benefits), and the oils are very easy to use. If you are interested in starting a small project with a practical use, essential oils are an excellent place to start experimenting.
Here are some ways to use essential oils in your at-home crafting:
- Bath bombs: these popular products can make a weekly soak in the tub even better. Add essential oils to promote relaxation, to ease aching muscles from hours spent laboring outside, to ease a congested chest, and more. Try tea tree or eucalyptus oil!
- Sugar scrubs: if winter is as hard on your skin as it is on mine, you need some help exfoliating. Mixing essential oils in with a homemade sugar scrub lets you enjoy the therapeutic benefits of the oils while you’re sloughing off that dead skin. Sweet orange oil goes great!
- Aromatherapy with a homemade diffuser: you don’t need to spend a ton of cash on a diffuser thanks to enterprising DIY-ers willing to share their ideas. Make your own diffuser and start enjoying the therapeutic benefits of these oils! Get our sampler pack and experiment with your favorite combinations.
- Air fresheners: if commercial air freshening products smell a bit too synthetic for your tastes, you can make your own with baking soda and your favorite essential oils. (You can also make an air-freshening spray with essential oils, water, and alcohol.) Try lemongrass to bring the scent of springtime to any room.
- Homemade lotion bars: these are particularly useful if you work outside and need to keep your hands moisturized. Lotion bars bought at the store can be full of all kinds of fillers; making your own gives you control over everything that goes in them, so you know you’re getting as much for your time and money as possible. Lavender oil will soothe your mind while the lotion soothes your skin.
- Homemade lip balm: again, this lets you have total control over what’s going into your lip balm and, therefore, what’s going on your skin. Peppermint is an excellent oil for this!
- DIY perfumes and colognes: if finding the right scent has proven difficult for you, or if your skin won’t tolerate the various synthetic chemicals many perfume and cologne manufacturers use, making your own with natural essential oils is a good solution–not to mention an easy solution. Our sampler pack lets you experiment with all sorts of scents.
- Insect repellent: it doesn’t get more practical than this! Make a bottle of insect repellent to bring with you on summer hikes, camping trips, backyard cookouts, runs, and more. Combine lavender, eucalyptus, and lemongrass oils with distilled water and alcohol to keep the pesky insects away.
The possibilities aren’t limited to the above, of course, and the crafting blogosphere is overflowing with ideas for making use of these versatile oils. Explore a little, and then get to experimenting! Our Zellous oils are 100% pure, undiluted, and therapeutic grade, so they are good for just about any use you can think of. Get the sampler pack for $29.95, or individual bottles for $4.95 apiece!
Those of you who like to make your own pheromone mixes are already familiar with our pure pheromone selection. We have a comprehensive selection available for anyone interested in making their own pheromone mixes at home–though we do recommend either researching the topic heavily first, or experimenting with pre-mixed products in our catalog before trying your hand at your own.
Our pure pheromone selection includes:
- AndrosteNONE: the “alpha” pheromone that boosts sexual attraction and confidence; very strong and best used in moderation
- AndrosteRONE: a sex pheromone with effects similar to AndrosteNONE, but with fewer unpleasant side effects
- AndroSTANone: a sex pheromone with gentler effects than AndrosteNONE
- AndrosteNOL: a social pheromone that reduces anxiety and increases friendliness and social cohesion
- Beta-AndrosteNOL: a social pheromone that enhances and improves emotional bonding
- AndrostaDIENONE: a social/emotional pheromone that improves mood and attraction
- Estratetraenol: a social/emotional pheromone that helps improve romantic and emotional connections
Enterprising pheromone fans can purchase pure pheromones to create the perfect pheromone blend for their needs. You can buy the pure pheromones individually, or you can get the Fab 4 Chem Set, which contains 6 ml bottles of AndrostaDIENONE, AndrosteNOL, AndrosteNONE, and AndrosteRONE. Read up on our DIY-ing advice and our advice on experimenting and get to creating your very own pheromone products!
We hope you’re now in a creative, DIY sort of mood! Harnessing our own creativity is a great way to take our minds of daily stresses, and there’s nothing like the instant gratification of making something useful with your own two hands.
Until next week, Love Scent fans!